The holidays are officially upon us and for a lot of us that means entertaining. As much fun as hosting a holiday party is, it can sometimes become overwhelming trying to decide what to serve. There is enough going on during this season, what with the shopping and wrapping, decorating and preparing for a house full of loved ones, that planning your party should be as stress free as possible. Below is a list of delicious holiday appetizers as well as the perfect wine to enjoy them with. After all, ’tis the season to eat, drink and be merry.
1. Baked Brie with Candied Nuts and Berries is fantastic with a Rose.
2. Olive Straws are impressive and are even more so with a Sparkling Wine.
3. Enjoy a sweet Port with Pears with Goat Cheese and Bacon.
4. A must have classic, Shrimp Cocktail, pairs lovely with a Riesling.
5. Finally, a delicious and easy Mushroom Tart is perfect with a Cabernet Sauvignon or Merlot.
All of these appetizers can be made in advance ensuring a flawless party and a good time can be had by all, even the host.